How do you sneak healthy into your breakfast? With these heart-healthy muffins! With ingredients like this, these delightful breakfast muffins will keep you full and can help lower your cholesterol!
2 cups whole wheat flour
¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
½ cup large flake oats
¼ cup ground flaxseed or ground flaxseed meal
¼ cup Farm Fresh Nuts Raw Pumpkin Seeds
¼ cup currants (optional)
2 Tbsp natural wheat germ
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup skim milk
½ cup canola oil
1 cup finely grated zucchini
1 cup finely grated carrot
½ cup finely chopped apple, peel on
- Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C). Line a muffin tin with 12 large paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just to combine.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture equally into the muffin liners.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow pan to cool slightly on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from the pan and continue cooling before storing.
- Can be stored in a covered container for 2 to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Download Recipe Here