It’s not too early to start planning Thanksgiving! Check out this spicy twist on classic almond greenbeans with crushed Farm Fresh Nuts Macadamia nuts, a dash of red pepper flakes and beautiful crisp green beans!
12 ounces string beans (Haricots Verts)
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon minced parsley
2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup toasted and roughly chopped @Farmfreshnuts macadamia nuts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove (minced)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the beans and blanch for 3 minutes, until string beans are crisp yet tender.
2) Drain beans and immediately put into a large bowl of ice water. This process called “shocking”, stops the cooking and sets the color. Let beans sit in ice water for at least 2 minutes.
3) In a small bowl toss the lemon zest, parsley, parmesan, red pepper flakes, and nuts. Set aside.
4) When ready to serve, drain the beans and pat dry with a paper towel. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium/high heat. Add the beans to the pan and saute for 2 minutes or until heated through. Add the garlic and cook for another 30-60 seconds.
5) Turn off heat and add the nut mixture and toss well until all the beans are coated. Sprinkle with salt and serve.