Turkish Figs Benefits
- They are rich in fiber: Figs are a good source of soluble fiber. Which helps in keeping you full for longer periods of time and relieves constipation.
- They are rich in vital vitamins and minerals: Figs are rich in Vitamins A, B1 and B2. Manganese and potassium, magnesium, copper, iron, and phosphorus. The high level of potassium and low level of sodium gives relief to people with hypertension.
- Good source of calcium: High calcium levels present in figs promote bone health.
- Boosts Immunity: Its high mucilage content helps to heal and protect sore throats.
They remove harmful oestrogen from the body: Excess oestrogen hormone in the body. it can lead to menopausal problems, ovarian, breast and uterine cancer. Above all minimizes weight gain and mood swings. Turkish Figs help in the elimination if the excess hormone from our body. Therefor avoiding the risk of getting the above situations.
- They contain health boosting antioxidants: Figs contain a type of antioxidant called phenol. Helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases, and various types of cancer. Get to know about Antioxidant rich foods.
- Acts as a digestive aid: Figs also contain beta-carotene as well as benzaldehyde (anti-cancer compound), flavonoids and a digestive enzyme called ficin.